Links & Resources
Check out these great youth-oriented links...
Here's a collection of links on youth issues: Health & Sexuality, Farm & Rural Youth, Education, Employment & Volunteering
Health & Sexuality
- Teen Talk (www.teen-talk.ca). Teen Talk is a Youth Health Education Program of Klinic Community Health Centre.
- Sexuality Education Resource Centre (www.serc.mb.ca/). SERC is a community-based, non-profit, pro-choice organization committed to promoting universal access to comprehensive, reliable information and services about sexuality and reproductive health issues.
- Addictions (www.afm.mb.ca). A resource on drugs, alcohol and gambling.
- Manitoba Suicide Line (www.reasontolive.ca). 1-877-435-7170toll free 24 hours. Talk to us if you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, or dealing with a suicide loss.
- Kids Help Phone (www.kidshelpphone.ca). 1-800-668-6868. Information, tips and links that kids can use when facing life's challenges. Available all across Canada.
- Honouring Life Network( www.honouringlife.ca). Your source for Aboriginal Suicide Prevention Resources.
- Mental Health for Youth ( www.mindyourmind.ca )
Farm, Rural, and First Nations Youth
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids (www.fs4jk.org). Promotes farm safety to prevent farm injuries and fatalities.
- Manitoba 4-H (www.4h.mb.ca/). Learn about leadership, communication, self-esteem, create social opportunities and a sense of teamwork.
- Agriculture in the Classroom (http://www.aitc.mb.ca)
Education, Employment & Volunteering
- MB4 Youth Division (http://www.gov.mb.ca/cyo/youth/). Over 200 provincial programs and services.
- Manitoba Student Aid (www.studentaid.gov.mb.ca). Student loan service for higher education.
- Get Involved (http://www.getinvolved.ca/). Get involved with your community, this site will provide you with the tools.
- Canada World Youth (www.cwy-jcm.org/). International educational programs for youth (aged 17-29) with a focus on volunteer work and community development.
Manitoba Youth Volunteer Opportunities (www.volunteermanitoba.ca). An initiative of Volunteer Manitoba devoted to promoting and assisting youth volunteerism and helping young Manitobans, ages 30 and under to access volunteer opportunities, no matter where they live in the province!
If you come across other great sites and resources, we're all ears. Write a short description of the site and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.